Save the Date – Monday 22nd May 2017
Balens are delighted to announce we are holding our
5th annual CPD Conference
on Monday 22rd May 2017 at the NEC in Birmingham.
Bookings open soon!
As previously our CPD event will be supported by Balens and our Insurance partners, ensuring exceptional value for you, our clients.
We have some truly inspirational speakers this year, including our key note speaker Jo Marchant, the highly acclaimed New York Times bestselling author of the investigative book Cure. Jo is an award winning writer who originally trained as a Scientist with a PhD in genetics and medical microbiology. Her writing explores a number of approaches to examine whether the mind can heal the body. Jo researches in depth, uncovering evidence that leads to conclude thoughts, emotions and beliefs can have a very real effect on our health. Cure has was awarded Best Book of the year/2016 by a number of respected journals, including the New York Post, Sunday Times and Economist.
This year we also have one of the world's leading natural health authorities Jayney Goddard from the CMA speaking on business skills, plus Robert Vekerk (Alliance of Natural Health International), Nicola Brough (Warwick University) and Paul Grant (BSG Solicitors).
The event is highly praised each year and looks set to be better than ever for 2017. We are just finalising the program details, and will send further information soon regarding bookings.
Full details will be posted here as soon as they have been confirmed.
Recordings of lectures from previous years can be found via the links below.
Balens Ltd, DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Ltd and XL Catlin
2015 Lectures included:
- What patients expect from us and how this fits with Primary Care? (Professor George Lewith, University of Southampton)
- The Therapeutic Relationship - including research into its benefits (Professor David Peters, Westminster University)
- Measuring Outcomes – Current research in CAM (Professor Sarah Stewart-Brown MD, Warwick Medical School )
- Where are we now? – Update on current research (Professor Paul Dieppe, Exeter University)
- What else can we do? - Including further input on current situation with regards to CAM and Primary Care (Robert Verkerk PhD, Alliance for Natural Health International)
- Auditing CAM Practice - Issues & Outcomes (Peter Davis PhD, Westminster University )
Recordings of lectures from our 2015 training event are available here
2013 Lectures included:
- Empirical Science or Vitalism? - An investigation into randomized control trials to establish the effectiveness of Natural Medicine (Professor Paul Dieppe, Exeter University)
- Online marketing & social media (Ian Lickorish, ID Marketing)
- The Law and your Practice (Paul Grant, BSG Solicitors and Carly Dwyer DAS Group)
- An update on where Healthcare is going (Professor David Peters, University of Westminster)
Recordings of lectures from our 2013 training event are available here
For Details of our 2013 speakers, please click here
2012 Lectures included:
- Where is Healthcare Going? (Professor David Peters, University of Westminster)
- Your Vision, Your Message - Marketing and the Advertising Standards Agency (Ian Lickorish, ID Marketing)
- Negotiating the Boundaries - Managing difficult situations with your clients (Tsafi Lederman & Jenny Stacey)
- Your Business, Your Future (David Balen, Balens Ltd)
- The 8 C's that will help you avoid Complaints (Paul Grant, BSG Solicitors)
- Decision Making (Lawrance Butler)
Recordings of lectures from our 2012 Training event can be found here
To see comments from Clients who attended our 2012 event, please click here
For more information please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: 01684 898995
Balens 2012 and 2013 CPD Events were sponsored by Balens Ltd., Zurich, DAS Legal Expenses, Sterling Insurance and Ansvar Insurance.