Welcome to Balens
Balens are a well-established, fourth generation family business who specialise in Fitness, Health & Wellbeing, Beauty Therapy and other Health Professionals and organisations.
We are experts in the development of insurance wordings for Health & Wellbeing Professionals. These wordings are, in our opinion, one of the widest available on market and include important features that other available, cheaper insurance packages may not include.
Balens have always regarded claims support, quality cover and personal service as our main strengths.
Balens insurance policy for The Tai Chi Union for Great Britain members
Balens have devised a policy specifically for individuals who are members or student members of the TCUGB.
The policy will cover Professional, Public & Products Liability.
Balens policies can cover a number of different activities subject to you holding a qualification. Please note if your qualification was obtained solely online or via distance learning please contact Balens for further guidance.
- Option 1: Tai Chi/Qi Gong - exercise techniques only (non-contact/combat)
£6M cover - £62.17
- Option 2: Tai Chi/Qi Gong including martial arts/classes (including contact and/or contact)
£6M - £100.00
* Please note conditions apply - see below
- Option 3: Student cover - Tai Chi/Qi Gong - exercise techniques only (non-contact/combat)
£6M - £34.67
* Conditions applicable to Option 2
By selecting cover for option 2 you are confirming the following is true and correct:
- I complete a pre-class consultation and do not proceed if there are any pre-existing
conditions/contraindications that would affect the person’s ability to take part in the activity.
- I follow the Tai Chi Union for Great Britain safety protocols and obtain a waiver prior to participation in the class ensuring students are aware of the potential risks.
- I have a Health and Safety plan and risk assessment in place to cover the classes/training.
- I confirm you keep the information above and store for a period of 7 years in line with the record keeping condition in the policy wording.
Endorsement Applicable to Option 2:
The indemnity granted by this Policy shall not apply to or include liability arising out of or in connection with
competitions or tournaments.
If you do not comply with any of the above statements please contact Balens for guidance.
What does the policy cover?
The key features of cover and the policy conditions, extensions and exclusions can be found on our Key Points Document. Please click on the link below for further information: www.balens.co.uk/BalensKeyPointsDocumentCombinedLiability.pdf
How do I take out the policy?
There are two options available to apply for cover:
Option One – Apply Online
To apply online please click the ‘Get a Quote’ button on the right hand side of the screen. This will take you through the online application process.
Please note in order to gain cover Balens will need to see copies of your qualifications for the activities you require cover for – you will have the option to upload copies of your qualifications as part of the online application process or alternatively you can send qualifications to Balens within 14 days. Please note if we do not receive copies of your qualifications the policy may be cancelled.
Once the application has been completed and your payment has been received your insurance documents will be sent to you by email.
Option Two – Contact Balens for a quote
Contact by phone – 01684 580771 or by email – email@example.com
We will be happy to send you a copy of the Declaration Form for you to complete and return by email or post. Payment can be made upon receipt of the form by card payment over the phone, by cheque (made payable to Balens Ltd) or by bank transfer.
If you have any questions or if you would like to discuss the cover available please do not hesitate to contact us.