Balens History with Music goes back to our earliest roots. We devised and arranged a bespoke insurance package policy for individuals and organisations that are involved with Handbell and / or Chime ringing in the early 2000s. This scheme has been successfully running for many years, offering peace of mind for those involved with Handbell and Chime ringing.
- Cover can be provided for Amateurs & Professional Musicians
- Individuals, Groups and / or Bands can be accommodated
Due to the success of the Balens Handbells & Chimes Insurance Policy, we are in the process of extending the scheme to include a Musical Instruments policy. This will allow cover to be added for a wide range of other musical instruments and equipment, including but not limited to:
- Drums & Percussion Instruments
- Pianos & Keyboards
- Woodwind, String and Brass Instruments
The policy is designed for those seeking cover for the loss, damage or destruction of their Handbells or Chimes.
There are 2 sections of cover provided as standard:
All Risks Cover
Cover for loss, destruction or damage (unless otherwise excluded) for equipment and / or accessories. Cover for cases and engraving is automatically included.
Cover is provided anywhere in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands and Europe. Worldwide cover can be consider upon request.
Personal Accident Cover
Cover for accidental bodily injury arising from Handbell and / or Chime ringing resulting in death or permanent total disablement for £10,000. Loss of limb, loss of sight and loss of hearing is £5,000.
Cover is for persons aged between 16-65 years of age.
Optional Extensions to cover
Public Liability Insurance
This covers your legal liability for accidental injury to any third party and or their property through acts of negligence. Limits of Liability available are £1m, £2m or £5m for any one claim.
If you are a member of any Association or Training School who hold a customised insurance scheme with Balens, you will be eligible for discounted rates. If you are not, you will be able to join our Individual Bridge Block scheme for Health and Well-Being Professionals.
Other policies which may be useful:
Balens have a range of additional policies that you may wish to consider as part of your insurance portfolio.
- Personal Accident and / or Sickness policies – This cover may be of particular importance for those that are self-employed and have no alternative income. Balens have devised and arranged a policy designed to pay out either a lump sum or a weekly benefit (if selected) in the event of an accident, bodily injury to you and / or illness depending upon the type of policy chosen. Please also see our Article – Personal Accident and Sickness Cover.
- Household Insurance – Please contact us to find out more about how we can assist you with protecting your buildings, contents and / or personal possessions. Also see our Article – Home Insurance for more information.