Do you make, distribute or retail products to your clients? Even if you are not manufacturing, the mere supply or involvement with a faulty product could render you legally liable.
Balens bespoke Health Products Business policy covers the sale, supply, service, demonstration or alteration of goods in the event of an insured incident causing injury or damage to third parties. The cover includes injury to persons as a result of a defective product, damage to persons property (which is not as a result of treatment), claims arising from product design including defective bottling and labelling and product related advice.
Please note Professional Indemnity and Medical Malpractice are not covered, additional policies are available to cater for this.
Balens Health Products Business Package is designed for businesses small to large that specialise in the Health, Wellbeing, Fitness and Beauty Industries. If your requirements don't fit this scheme, we are able to offer other bespoke options, to meet your business needs, please contact us.
Benefits Balens Health Products Liability Insurance:
Balens Health Products package has been specifically designed and arranged by Balens for businesses small to large. Higher Limits for all sections excluding Employers Liability are available upon request, with bespoke packages available for businesses with larger turnovers and specific requirements.
£2m Products Liability cover
This covers your legal liability for accidental injury to any third party and / or their property through the use, sale and/or distribution of defective products and includes product related advice, product design, defective bottling and labelling. The limit of liability is for all claims during the year (aggregate) and covers an unlimited number of claims up to the limit of liability.
£2m Public Liability cover
This covers your legal liability for accidental injury to any third party and / or their property through acts of negligence. The limit of liability selected will apply to any one claim and an unlimited number of claims per policy year.
£10m Employers Liability cover
Covers the Employer if they are held legally liable for injury caused to any employees or work experience assistants sustained during the course of their work. Limits reduced to £5m, when related to acts of terrorism.
- This cover is typically a legal requirement where staff are employed or you have volunteers working within your business.
Office equipment and all other contents (i.e. items other than the structure of the building) are insured against accidental loss or damage occurring at the premises.
- £5,000 Stock
£1,000 Goods in Transit
Cover for items that you are expecting from suppliers, or are sending to clients via the use of your own vehicle. Cover can be extended to include couriers upon request.
£100,000 Business Interruption cover
Provides cover for the loss of profit and additional expenditure resulting from an insured peril e.g. if the business is unable to trade following property damage due to a fire. Cover will be based upon profits received in the previous 12 months of trading. Cover may also be selected for increased expenses only.
Events and Exhibitions
Cover for attending up to 6 events/exhibitions per year as standard.
Material Damage for Contents
Fire and full perils, including cover for accidental damage to contents and theft which involves entry or exit from the insured location by forcible and violent means; or following assault / violence or threat thereof to the insured; or any member of the insured's household or insured's employees.
Breakage of fixed glass is provided and for the reasonable cost of boarding up. Plus damage to window frames, sanitary ware and fixed signs, canopies and external blinds.
This covers loss, as per the policy limits, or damage anywhere in the UK for travel to and from the bank e.g. takings, wages and in the premises for the usual insured perils during business hours. Out of business hours cover reduces significantly unless money and credit card vouchers etc. are kept in an approved locked safe.
And DAS Legal and Taxation Policy that includes:
£250,000 Commercial Legal Expenses - covers legal costs and awards associated with your business activities.
Any Business can incur expenses and be vulnerable under the bewildering amount of laws governing the operation of a Business. Our legal expenses policy offers a wide range of support, information and cover for a range of legally related issues that can arise in the day to day running of your business.
- £250,000 legal costs including solicitors’ and barristers’ fees, court costs, expenses for expert witnesses, attendance expenses and accountants’ fees. It will also pay the costs of appealing or defending an appeal.
- £1m Employment compensation and employment disputes cover.
- Pre-Disciplinary and Disciplinary Hearings Cover.
- Contracts Disputes Cover.
- Property Protection and Personal Injury.
- Taxation Protection.
- Help lines for – Legal advice, taxation advice, counselling services, employment manual and disputes law.
All policies are subject to Terms and Conditions.
Optional Extensions to cover
- Buildings - Can include subsidence
- Static Computer Equipment
- All Risks Cover for portable equipment in the UK
- Personal Accident
- Deterioration of stock
- Cover for failure of an extractor unit
- Cover for exports to the Far East, Australia & New Zealand and America
Other policies services which may be useful:
Balens have a range of additional policies that you may wish to consider as part of your insurance portfolio.
- Contents, Equipment & Employers Liability Insurance – Balens have devised a range of contents package options to cover contents stock and equipment which you own and / or are responsible for. Employers Liability is included as standard, plus you have the option to add additional sections of cover such as Business Interruption, Buildings Insurance, Products Liability and Terrorism. Please also see our Article – Risk Management for Salon Owners.
- Clinic / Salon Policy – As your business grows you may need to cover the business and business name for the work, treatments and / or advice of more than one person. Balens offer two options of cover designed to cater for this need, Contingent Cover and a Full Clinic Policy. The ‘Clinic’ policy can cover work performed by other qualified professionals, whether employed or self-employed that work under your corporate name. Please also see our Article – Do you run a Multi Profession Clinic?
- Cyber / Crime Insurance – Your business may be at risk if you use any form of internet-based technology within your business or for the storage of data. Cyber / Crime insurance is designed to protect businesses and individual users from these risks, including such elements as theft of funds, loss of data, online fraud, transmission of a virus.
- Directors and Officers Insurance – Offers financial protection for Directors, Officers or Partners of a company who require cover for personal liability, for errors or omissions they may make in the performance of their professional duties.
- Marine cargo and Transit cover – As a business involved with the manufacture, sale and / or distribution of Products or goods you may wish to insure the items whilst being shipped or transported worldwide or around the UK. Please contact us for further information.
- Personal Accident and / or Sickness policies – This cover may be of particular importance for those that are self-employed and have no alternative income. Balens have devised and arranged a policy designed to pay out either a lump sum or a weekly benefit (if selected) in the event of an accident, bodily injury to you and /or illness depending upon the type of policy chosen. Please also see our Article – Personal Accident and Sickness Cover.
- Products Recall – If a product is defective and needs to be recalled you may need to cover costs to notify the customer, arrange transportation costs or even disposal costs. Please contact us for further information.
- Training School Insurance – If you hold a Professional teaching qualification and are a qualified Health, Wellbeing, Fitness or Beauty Practitioner who wants to train and certify others, Balens offer a Teaching School Insurance for an unlimited number of students.
If you are looking to offer training which issues certificates of attendance only, this is automatically included in our Balens Professional Indemnity policy with no limits and for no additional premium. If you are issuing certificates of competence, a Training School extension can be added to your Professional Liability policy for an additional premium (limits apply). Please also see our Article – Do You Treat & Teach or Do You Need A Training School Policy?