Balens have been looking after the insurance services for Chiropractors, Osteopaths and Occupational Therapists since the mid-1990s. We have a wealth of experience in defending disciplinary hearings and complaints made to regulators and professional bodies of all forms. We understand how the process of each of the different regulators works and are able to support our clients through this.
- Where a complaint has been made against you to your professional or regulatory body, you will receive a notification informing you of this.
- You must contact us as soon as you receive the letter to enable Insurers to be notified so that when you are asked for your observations or comments the appointed solicitor will have enough time to formulate a response on your behalf. Please note – the appointment of a solicitor will be carried out by the insurer, from their panel of solicitors.
- We cover Pre-Disciplinary Hearings legal advice costs and we are able to appoint a solicitor to help at the screening stage for all Osteopathic and Chiropractic cases.
- If the case is referred to a Professional Code of Conduct hearing our DAS Legal policy will instruct a solicitor to act on your behalf subject to policy terms and conditions.
- If you have been accused of a criminal offence in your capacity as a Health and Well-Being Professional our DAS Legal package will defend you.
Whilst disciplinary and grievance hearing cases can be both stressful and time consuming, with the therapist potentially unable to work for a period whilst waiting for the hearing, Balens Claims Team are fully trained to assist you and work closely with insurers and solicitors to guide you through the process.